Friday, October 05, 2007

Song of the Day : Pixies - Planet of Sound

Photo: www.PixiesMusic.com

Pixies - Planet of Sound
from the album Trompe le Monde
another great album it's on, that is a little harder to find, is Death to the Pixies, 1987-1991

Speaking of bands such as Dazzling Killmen (on this page alone you will see two separate posts about two artists who were in that band) that were produced by Steve Albini, the Pixies are a band that has created the sound that so many bands since the mid 80's have been (some more successfully than others) trying to re-create: that raw, uninhibited beauty of sometimes angry - sometimes funny, sexy grunge. Music you can thrash to or sit in a dark corner with your cigarette. That's the way I see it, any way...

Others like Kurt Cobain found themselves wrapped in the embrace of That Which Is the Pixies; I was reading as such over at an amazing article by a fantastic fucking blogger - over at Your Moment of Zen - another fellow college DJ who has to continue playing their personal music collection and share their fantastic diatribes on the medium with the world.

Anyway...this song has found its way into my groove these past two weeks, so I thought I'd share. You gotta love a song about martians coming to Earth and freaking out about the medium of music, man.

4 Comments:

Blogger Maritza said...

I've been away from your blog much too long! Lots to catch up here but must quickly say that the Pixies are one of the greatest bands!

6:42 PM  
Blogger Billychic said...

Maritza!!!
Yay! So good to hear from you! Missed you!
Don't they just RAWK, man?

:)

11:16 PM  
Blogger Maritza said...

You know what's spooky? After I saw this post about the Pixies, I hear my daughter is playing "Here Comes Your Man'!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Billychic said...

Hahaha - awesome

That was on my iPod today when I was on the train, totally random...It was was such a pleasure to groove out to.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Tamazu: Humor observations blogs


This site is a member of WebRing. To browse visit here.


BM Counter