Saturday, September 22, 2007

Song of the Day: Tim Garrigan - Maybe I'll See You Tomorrow

Photo: Dianna Martin


Tim Garrigan - Maybe I'll See You Tomorrow

from the EP Looking Around the Garden

The Village Voice has claimed that "...Garrigan has found hearfelt expression in Dylanesque Americana folk." -- and it's absolutely true. I just wish more people knew. Tim Garrigan is an amazing singer/songwriter/guitarist who has been instrumental in the creative process as a guitarist and co-composer for influential cult favorite bands such as Dazzling Killmen and You Fantastic! of the Skin Graft Records label.

Photo: Dianna Martin


Although Tim would probably kick my ass for not pushing a cut from his latest album Beyond the Ruins of My Mind (which is an amazing album; I have inserted a link to purchase a copy of it over at CD Baby), I always come back to this song from his EP (which you can buy a copy of by going to his website www.TimGarrigan.com and contacting him). There is a very simple, rawness to this EP as well as the sadness of two going down separate paths that really is so, so moving. I remember hearing Tim practice this and play it in clubs and I would always enjoy it, never get tired of hearing it.

It has always been my personal favorite of his tunes (followed closely by Rock n' Roll Shuffle off of his latest album), as well as Oh Baby, It's You.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cadaverous Nun said...

Ah. This is him?

He's very good.

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Tamazu: Humor observations blogs


This site is a member of WebRing. To browse visit here.


BM Counter