Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Song of the Day: The Velvet Underground - After Hours



The Velvet Underground - After Hours
from the album The Velvet Underground

I know that I recently did a Velvet's song, but this has been on my mind...I've been playing it at home...and there's something about Maureen "Moe" Tucker's voice that is so haunting - and it seems to fit my mood this week.

I found an interesting little site that discusses song lyric meanings that has this song up for discussion. Although several have made good points, I always thought the song was about a girl that wants to commit suicide, and is trying to get the person to leave. A few others touched upon that interpretation; most said "Oh, it's about an After Hours bar."

Uh, okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Tamazu: Humor observations blogs


This site is a member of WebRing. To browse visit here.


BM Counter