Monday, September 25, 2006

Song of the Day: The Velvet Underground - I'm Waiting for the Man



The Velvet Underground - I'm Waiting for the Man

one album it's on is The Velvet Underground and Nico, however if you've got the cash, I recommend getting the excellent box set Peel Slowly and See - it has outtakes and is just a superb collection all the way around. I am missing one of the cds from the set...a casualty from my divorce, I think, (although he can't find it either).

Again, this is another band that set the standard - and the tone, the sound - for so many bands that are out now that are achieving even marginal success.

One good site I found that has an interesting bio on the band is www.lemanszone.dk - the English translation page of the VU bio

1 Comments:

Blogger Maritza said...

Such classics! Lou Reed is performing soon at St. Anne's in Brooklyn. Can you do me a favor and comment on my friend's blog:

www.theworldsamess.blogspot.com

He has Lou Reed and all sorts of cool music on his sight but no comments!

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Tamazu: Humor observations blogs


This site is a member of WebRing. To browse visit here.


BM Counter