Wednesday, September 06, 2006

My Cat Nina Is Very, Very Sick


Nina Mouse
Originally uploaded by Billychic.
Please, regardless of any religious or philosphical beliefs, please pray or send out good vibes to my little girl Nina...

I arrived home after a four day weekend (I had friends come in and check on the cats and feed them and change water and hang out) to find Nina unable to walk or eat or drink.

Unbeknownst to me, she was pre-diabetic, and she fell into an almost diabetic coma state while I was away for the weekend (I had left her with friends and she didn't get sick until they had left my home). I rushed her to the doctor the next morning.

The doctors don't know if she'll make it... She is only 7 or 8 (I found her on my doorstep many years ago) and has a lot of life left in her if she can pull through. I just want my little girl home with me...and I'll give her shots happily for the rest of her life. Please, please send your good thoughts her way.

She is barely hanging on and her blood pressure keeps dropping every time they take her off fluids. I am battling demons of guilt about how I let this happen and didn't see it coming...and worrying how I'm going to pay for it, and I don't even know if she'll make it. They want to charge thousands - fucking thousands for a few days in the vet hospital.

I shall rant about it on Ornery Woman, probably, when I'm feeling up to it. Right now I'm just sick and depressed and mournful.

I just want my little girl to come home. I'll give her all the shots she needs for the rest of her life - which, if she makes it, could be a long one. She's young.

I would gladly give a kidney for one of my pets - some days they are the only reason I can find to get out of bed. I just hope she knows how much I love her.

I'm going to the vet today after work, where I will lick her nose and kiss her and tell her what a beautiful Ni Ni Girlie Girl she is...and hope that she makes it.

Please pray for her.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

With everything I have inside, I'm praying for her....to come home well again.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Maritza said...

I'm so sorry to hear about her! I'm sure she'll make it, diabetes is a common ailment. They just need to get her stabilized and she'll be home soon.

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm praying for your kitty...hope she gets better :)

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Tamazu: Humor observations blogs


This site is a member of WebRing. To browse visit here.


BM Counter