Thursday, September 14, 2006

Nina Is Better (Thank God)...I'm A Little Under the Weather, Though

Thanks to all who have been asking about my little girlie-girl cat, Nina, whose undiagnosed diabetes almost killed her last week.

Nina in the Hospital

As of this writing, she has been in the hospital for about a week and a half, but thanks to God, the doctors, people's prayers and good gris-gris, and her sheer orneriness to live, I think she's going to pull through. They're just trying to find the right amount/type of insulin - and it's been tricky with her.

I have a lot to learn about Feline Diabetes in the weeks ahead. No doubt I'll end up posting more about it as I learn.

Sorry to be MIA, I'm starting to make a comeback...I fell into a spell of vertigo, and I've been dizzy as hell. I've had that awful feeling you get when you've had about 20 too many cocktails in an evening and are trying to either walk or lay down - both are nearly impossible. It isn't quite that bad, but let's just say that I walk around like a drunk person when I'm sober - and I've actually been a little scared going down stairs. This has been going on for almost a week.

I went to see a doctor...the guy was like, "Well, you have vertigo."

Um, no shit, Doc - gee, I suppose I could be a doctor too, since you make it look so freakin' easy.

So, I suppose it's just stress from my cat's illness, but we'll see.

In the meantime, I'm finding all these cool things I want to write about and comment on, but then I get very tired...I'm starting to catch up a bit. Will have more Music and little blurbs. In the meantime, please keep hitting those links on the right. Dribblingwitt always has something fun, my galpal at Views From A Broad will never cease to delight, and Jackson West's Obsessive Compulsion is guaranteed to hit the spot.

I know I haven't posted about 9/11 yet, and I will (and will pull the ripple in space/time and simply change the date); I have a few words on the matter (my brother was in one of the towers - he survived, but simply living in NYC makes it very vivid indeed), but my thoughts are on getting better - both Nina and myself, and writing about something as important as this topic requires thought process that I hope to have in the next few days.

5 Comments:

Blogger Maritza said...

That's great that she's better! You feel better too. Try pickled ginger (the pink stuff that comes with sushi) to combat the nausea you may get with vertigo.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Billychic said...

Really? Thanks, hon - I love that stuff anyway. I always ask for extra when I get sushi.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Wertkin said...

Yeah for Nina!!! Boo for your vertigo. That's awful and that doc. LOSER. I'm hanging in and trying to write as well. Curl up with your critters and let your mind and body rest. You deserve it.
xoxoxox
me

10:13 PM  
Blogger Pendullum said...

Thank goodness she is feeling better...

Vertigo? Oh Honey...I do not know about some doctors...

If I was in your country I would make you tea and a good bowl of homemade soup...
alas, I am not, so sending you those wishes your way...

10:42 AM  
Blogger Billychic said...

Thank you, honey - tea and soup ROCK, but good wishes are always what gets someone feeling better...

:)

Yeah, I have a return of an old illness I had over 15 years ago - Labyrinthitis, which is an inner ear disorder - and causes nasty Vertigo/balance problems. Ick. (I went to a new doctor today - a nice one, too)

3:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Tamazu: Humor observations blogs


This site is a member of WebRing. To browse visit here.


BM Counter