Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Song of the Day: Miles Davis & John Coltrane - So What




Miles Davis & John Coltrane - So What

This juicy gem is a live recording from Germany, that I scored from a torrent site. The title of the "album" was Miles and Coltrane: Live Over Germany, and I've been trying to find out the exact album this is from. There are two other jams of this song on the same album. It might be a total bootleg, but like most bootlegs, give them enough time around and they become an album that's sold everywhere.

I've rummaged through the Live in Zurich albums and some others online; I can't seem to find this cut.

If anyone knows, please let me know what show this is or where the title of the album is; I'm kind of a nut about the music facts, but after a while it just boils down to sitting back and listening to the tunes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The complete recording goes under the heading of:
"Kongresshalle", Frankfurt Am Main, West Germany, March 30, 1960.
They've got to say something, haven't they? And they might even be correct concerning the consecutive tracks "so what" and the incomplete "all of you", of which there definitely is a tape from that date and place, and the announcement confirms the assumption.
Miles Davis (tp) John Coltrane (ts) Wynton Kelly (p) Paul Chambers (b) Jimmy Cobb (d) is the line-up at that date. The rest is obviously NOT from Frankfurt, and I don't really want to start guessing...

8:46 PM  
Blogger Billychic said...

HEY
Right on! Thank you so much. Glad that someone is on top of it. After a while I just try to put down what I can, and then enjoy it...but there's always that nagging part of me that's like "Um...I would really LIKE to know what this is, exactly."

Thank you very much for your comment and knowledge. Please post away on anything on here.

:)

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Tamazu: Humor observations blogs


This site is a member of WebRing. To browse visit here.


BM Counter