Tuesday, July 18, 2006

First Day of Class

It was rockin'. I just hope the kids got something out of it...I think they did. I was really flying by the seat of my pants because everything I thought up took a shorter period of time than I thought it would, and their attention span is really short, and I wanted to keep the class moving.

We ended up doing a whole bunch of stuff...from opening exercises for warm up to creative visualization to repetition exercises to improvs to scene readings.

They seemed to dig it. They got involved and applauded each other when they would get up and work. At first they thought the warmup exercises I did were strange...but after a while they got into it. There was a method to my madness, though, and I really wanted to get them cooking. By the end of class they were listening to everything I said.

I'm so tired...

There was one kid who has like ADD or something, and he looked totally bored and out of it the whole time - like he would have preferred to be somewhere juggling midgets in a circus than in my class...oh well. I guess you can't please them all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Wertkin said...

you ROCK, woman. I had no doubt you'd be splendid. You have so much good energy and YES, you know what you are doing. High school kids are tough. Once you've got them down, you'll be able to teach anyone! Yeah D.!!!! You are awesome.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Maritza said...

I knew it would turn out great! Good for you, how satisfying!

6:08 PM  
Blogger Pendullum said...

Good on you...
Keeping a whole bunch of kids motivated is like moving mountains...
or at least like helping out with up to 75 did you say?WTF? guests at a one year old's birthday party...
Hope your party favour was a spa treatment at Mario Badescu after that day!!!

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Tamazu: Humor observations blogs


This site is a member of WebRing. To browse visit here.


BM Counter