Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Song of the Day: The Velvet Underground AND Cowboy Junkies - Sweet Jane


The Velvet Underground - Sweet Jane

from the album Loaded

Photo: Susan King

Cowboy Junkies - Sweet Jane

from the album The Trinity Session

Yeah, so I decided to give you a two-for-one today; I was watching an episode of CSI the other night and they had both versions of this song on the show...and it reminded me how amazing both were. They've been stuck in my head (well, let's face it, I'm always walking around with a soundtrack going on for my own movie of life) so I thought I'd put them both out there for y'all to groove on.

Lou Reed's hypnotic lyrics combined with the amazing performance styles of both bands lends to music that will be around for a long time to come; something to withstand the test of time and the nearly ADD-like attitude of the general population who set their iPods to shuffle and use music to block out the noise around them and don't necessarily take the time to indulge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Tamazu: Humor observations blogs


This site is a member of WebRing. To browse visit here.


BM Counter