Friday, July 27, 2007

Song of the Day: Drive-By Truckers - Women Without Whiskey



Drive-By Truckers - Women Without Whiskey

from the album Southern Rock Opera

Photo: www.TheFader.com

I got turned onto these cats over the last week by my new friend Jimmy, who I met the night he came back from a Trucker show. Dude was ecstatic; he had a camera full of pictures and a perma-grin from being so thrilled at seeing such a fantastic band. I was still on a high from seeing Panic the night before, so we started talking about music until the wee hours in an after-hour club with friends (LONG story) - and in the end, dear old Jim has now recruited a new DBT fan. These guys are great. If you dig Southern rock, and bands that enjoy a good jam, check them out.

Being the music nut that I am, I'm really surprised that I was unfamiliar with these guys. Thank God we have the opportunity to learn something new every day.

Thanks, Jimmy! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Tamazu: Humor observations blogs


This site is a member of WebRing. To browse visit here.


BM Counter