Monday, August 07, 2006

Song of the Day: The Cardigans - Happy Meal II



The Cardigans - Happy Meal II
from the album First Band on the Moon

I love this album - several of the songs are so sad, so eerie - almost depressing, actually, but still really enjoyable...I used this song in a student film I made in the late 90's, which I hope to post at some point when I get my shit together. I'm one to cringe at "pop" and what that has come to mean nowadays...but this is a band of Swedes that can groove out with the pop tune and still feel like you just did some emotional bloodletting.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tony Franco said...

I used to live in the same building with a Swedish fellow. He bought this sandwich once. It was very big and he decided he couldn't eat it all so he offered me half. It was a hoagie with, if I remember correctly, all sorts of lunchmeat and Swiss cheese. I didn't like Swiss cheese though so I declined. Still, I thought it was a very nice gesture.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Billychic said...

LOL
You're awesome.

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Tamazu: Humor observations blogs


This site is a member of WebRing. To browse visit here.


BM Counter