Sunday, August 06, 2006

Pigs in Zen: Mother Tiger Takes On Piglets



Now I'm sure these pictures have been kicking around the internet for a bit, but I just got a forwarded email this morning from my Dad, of all people, with this fascinating tale of a mother tiger whose triplet baby tigers died from birth complications - who ended up fostering a whole litter of piglets who were orphaned.


Apparently, after her cubs died, her health went on a rapid decline, and the vets were sure it was due to her loss. They thought that if they gave her another litter to be a foster mom to, perhaps she would perk up in spirits and get her health back on track - as well as giving a mommy to a an orphaned litter.

The only litter available immediately was a litter of piglets. They wrapped the little pink cuties in tiger fur and prayed they wouldn't become a breakfast side dish to dear old Mum.

Far from it. Mommy Tiger and Little Piggies bonded and became a happy family.


I'm having a great weekend...it just got better with these pictures. I wonder if CuteOverload has them? Probably...they must.

If anyone knows the rest of this story, or when it happened, let me know...I will proabably just google it, but I'm lazy and I need to clean my crib.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maritza said...

I have to check Cute Overload for this. I also love the friendship between the turtle and the hippo (?) that was going on on the web for awhile. I'm a sucker for animal stories.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Soulful Hues said...

I had not heard this story. It's so great! And I'm super glad mama tiger came out of her PPD!

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Tamazu: Humor observations blogs


This site is a member of WebRing. To browse visit here.


BM Counter