Monday, March 14, 2005

Mark Lisanti wrote me back!

Say what you will: defamer.com is one of the best damn websites on the net, bar none. Its sister sites gawker, wonkette, and gizmodo also rock the socks off this world we call the internet...
From hilarious write ups about getting Banged by the Bull , to glorious swipes at Hilary "Million Dollar Trailer Park" Swank , even to go so deliciously far as to describe her Oscar Award acceptance speech as "...go(ing) down as one of the worst speeches in the history of spoken language. Can they get that statue back and hand it to the Botox-paralyzed Annette Bening, who won’t know she’s lost until the middle of the Vanity Fair party?"

I laughed so hard I almost threw up.

That was taken from when Defamer.com Liveblogged the Oscars - one of the funniest things I've ever read in my life, only second to when Defamer tried to take a second look at what was apparently an extremely drunk Dustin Hoffman "waddling" out with Streisand, attempting to get through the presentation of the Best Picture award.

Again, I laughed so hard, I almost threw up.

So, this is all simply a plug for defamer, really, a shamless plug, which has been a long time coming, because I've been telling all my friends about it...and today, I got a reply, albeit brief ("Thanks for reading!") from Mr. Lisanti himself...which I thought was super cool. He has a brilliant, shamelessly sarcastic wit, and is a terrific writer.

Omigod, like, this is even cooler than Britney Spears having to, like, I dunno, figure out that she has to get the poolboy to walk the dog!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Wertkin said...

Hey, I've never got a response. I guess you are special. Lucky you!
xo

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Tamazu: Humor observations blogs


This site is a member of WebRing. To browse visit here.


BM Counter