Sunday, January 30, 2005

Gettin' a little better...

Today was a great day...I got a chance to get an in-depth-behind-the-scenes tour of The Museum of Natural History with my friend D., a friend from here...and it was like a kid's wet dream. I've loved that place since I was a wee spud...been going there since I can remember...and today I got to go behind and see things not everyone else does...
To many it's not THAT big a deal, but I'm an Aquarian science chick as well as a writer/actress/whatever-the-fuck-I-do... and it definitely appealed to my many sides. My pal was so sweet...a nice man that I'm enjoying getting to know better.

My highschool friend Liza is in town for my birthday, and I'm so happy...I spent the latter part of the day with her and my neighbor, P., who had a fondue party we attended...YUM. Lots of wine, lots of cheese and meats...
Liza got me a beautiful gift and it was so wonderful to see her. Later, my pal T. called, and we both teased him...He is getting used to experiencing some kind of zaniness on the phone when he calls me, either from myself, or, as the case may be in this situation, from the people who are here with me...

I'm thrilled that my depression is lifting and that I can enjoy my birthday weekend to the fullest extent. The festivities have been going on since Thursday; I dined with Tonja that night and had a wonderful time, as usual; last night Liza and I saw Fiddler on the Roof and it was fabulous. Today was rockin; tomorrow is brunch with TG, afternoon cocktails with Jessamin, and a horror flick with Liza before she goes back to Philadelphia. We spent the last three hours getting her up on myspace. I'm so excited she's on there...
and then MONDAY is the party at the Metropol Horror fest that Kelly and I are celebrating our birthdays at...
and Tuesday is my actual birthday... I will spend it alone, reflecting, for most of the day, followed by a wonderful dinner with my parents.

The only thing that plays on my mind is where I stand with a certain gentleman that I am interested in and whom has appeared interested in me...I spoke to him a lot last weekend, and I know he's interested, but I am at a point where I really, really want the men to come to me, unless I feel like I know them well enough to not be too awkward making a move.
That said, I really need to get some things worked on myself first before the guy thing happens...
So...

I am going to take the next four days to really enjoy myself as well as get certain aspects of my life in order. I took them off from work, and intend to do something with them...It sounds like a lot that I'm doing this weekend, and it is; however, I have been a complete shut-in by my own design as of late...I haven't gone out with friends, haven't called people back...my depression reached a weird all-time-low and I was a bit freaked out. I am making up for lost time, I suppose. It's nice to know that people haven't not forgotten me...though, honestly, I knew along that they didn't. I am not that easy to forget. LOL

I noticed TG is on here and didn't add me as a friend...that irks me. He's supposed to take me out for brunch tomorrow...uh, what the fuck?

LMAO - ya know...it' just don' matter a hill of beans, I suppose, in the scheme of things...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Tamazu: Humor observations blogs


This site is a member of WebRing. To browse visit here.


BM Counter