Thursday, May 11, 2006

Ernie Martin Studio in Motion


Ernie in Motion: 2
Originally uploaded by Billychic.
Some fellow acting class students are going to make a documentary about Dad and his acting classes very soon (which is what I started to do, but hell, they have much better camera equipment, lights, etc) and it's going to be exciting. So far we're going to be interviewing David Zayas and Anne Pitoniak, Ann Wedgeworth (Mom), and Fermi Reixach. We're trying to get some of his other former students and people he has either coached or directed, like Sean Penn, Lorraine Bracco, Calvin Levels, Chaz Palminteri, Jeff Goldblum, Harvey Keitel and Anthony Edwards, to name a few...It's going to be hard to get ahold of some of them, though.

I think it's going to be an amazing thing - I've been wanting to film Daddy's classes for a while and really get to the meat of his teaching and share that with the world, somehow. In case you haven't seen it, please visit The Ernie Martin Studio Theatre and check out the site that Jessamin designed and I maintain, that highlights Dad's career and his classes.

We start filming next week. I'm working on monologues...oy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Wertkin said...

I'm so psyched for your dad!!!!! You are my famous friend lol!!
xo
me

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi---I think it is great that a
documentary about your dad is being done. I was a student of his
in 1976-1977 at the Strasberg institute in Hollywood. I studied with Walter Lott, Dominic Defazio, and audited Lee's classes as well. Not to demean the other teachers,
as they were good, but Ernie Martin is the best, bar none, that I ever saw. Most of the students in the class agreed. It has been 30 years since those days. I saw him once since in about 1981 at a studio in North Hollywood. You be sure and tell that fuck I said hi
and he was a big influence on my life.

Tyler Adams

4:50 AM  
Blogger Billychic said...

Tyler -

I'll be sure to tell the Old Man; he'll be happy to hear it. I wish more people remembered him and would speak out about what he did for them and their work. Young actors nowadays don't even know who Elia Kazan or Arthur Penn are, much less Dad.

All the best,

DM

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Tamazu: Humor observations blogs


This site is a member of WebRing. To browse visit here.


BM Counter