Friday, August 15, 2008

The BUST Magazine 15-Year Party Was AWESOME



BUST magazine
had its 15-Year anniversary party two nights ago, and it was SO much fun. I went with Tonja, and we got to mingle with staff members, eat awesome cupcakes, and see sexy acrobat dancers.

They were giving away, with the price of the tickets that we bought (that ended up being sold out; I got about four emails from friends who I had told to come and waited too late to get their ticket and were unable to get in) a subscription to BUST (which is awesome) and the first 200 or so people got a goodie bag full of all kinds of yum yum...well, the bag itself was a super cool zipper bag, and probably a handmade item by a member of BUST's Boobtique. I was just happy about that. But inside were everything from free cds, to cute earbuds covers for your iPod headphones, a superchick coloring book, body oils...coupons for 25% of Dr. Martens...and an assortment of thingies...and a VIBRATOR. I was really happy about that.

BIG GRIN




Dr. Marten had a photo booth set up so we could take pics whenever we wanted, and we could just go to the BUST website and download our pics. Oh, and did I mention that Amy Sedaris was headlining as the MC, and there were so many wonderful acts it would make your head spin?

Thank you, BUST, for a great time. I went to the Union Pool party last year with Rosie, and although that was fun, this was just even more so. You all do it with such style - and I know that there are only a few of you doing the whole thing, so how you actually spin Gold like that is incredible.

BTW...the band Royal Pink, some of whose members are ladies who work for/with BUST magazine, is a great fun chick band who played last year at the BUST party and who my roommate, Burlesque performer Dizzy Swank, has asked to play at his birthday party/burlesque show this coming weekend. It should be a rockin' weekend!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cadaverous Nun said...

I bet that was a lot of fun! I love that magazine. You look adorable with your friend in the pic, looks like you both had a good time.

Try to enjoy the good times, if you can, sweetheart. I know you're having it rough right now.

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Tamazu: Humor observations blogs


This site is a member of WebRing. To browse visit here.


BM Counter