Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Lost Chi: The Screening


Lost Chi, a film written, produced, and directed by my dear pal Robert Michaels (who also stars in it) is premiering tonight at the New Filmmakers Series at Anthology Film Archives, 32 2nd Ave., corner of 2nd Street in NYC.

The film stars a myriad of fun actors, including my pal David Robinette, who has an improvised part of the film that literally made me almost wet my pants in laughter when it was being filmed. I was hired by Robert to be an acting coach and second pair of eyes on the set - I'll be interested to see if I get any billing (I'm such a narcissistic chick).

The film is really brilliant; it's the day in the lives of a group of friends who are trying to find themselves. It's full of male humor, but very accurate - like you're sitting in someone's living room. It's poignant, about the dissolution of relationships, the lies we tell ourselves and others, and why we 30-and 40-somethings sometimes just don't want to grow up because nobody told us that we wouldn't be able to play anymore if we had to.

The screening is at 9:45pm - $5 at the door. Come on and check it out; you'll be glad you did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Tamazu: Humor observations blogs


This site is a member of WebRing. To browse visit here.


BM Counter