Wednesday, September 24, 2008

RIP Nina Mouse



Nina passed away Saturday, 9/20, around 12:30 or so. I had to take her in to put her to sleep because the malignant tumor that was in her ear had made its way into her brain and was causing seizures and she was unable to walk or lift herself up. As we waited for the doctor's appointment at my apartment, we sat in the window propped on pillows so she could see outside, with a "Mozart for Cats" cd that I got that she seemed to like...and I brought out two ice cream sandwiches which she licked and gobbled. I kissed her and told her how much I loved her.

At the doctor's office, wouldn't you know it, she was able to walk (oh, the healing power of ice cream!) but the doctor told me that these episodes would happen again and more frequently. He assured me that what I was doing was for the best...and the look in her eyes when she couldn't move and was having a seizure was of terror and was so pitiful. I did NOT want her to go like that while I was away from home at work or whatever.

Even at the very end, she made a few little huffs and snarls of annoyance as we layed her down and the needle went in. I looked into her beautiful eyes and told her I loved her again and that she would be seeing God soon...and then they added the drug that put her to sleep.

I miss her so much...and I am a better person for having had the 9 years I did have with her, when she showed up on my doorstep in the rain one night in St. Louis. I thank God for giving me the time I had with her.

If you have a pet, please give it a hug. I have three other pets that need my love, and I have to be here for them...so I need to be strong. Hard, though. Really hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Tamazu: Humor observations blogs


This site is a member of WebRing. To browse visit here.


BM Counter