Thursday, June 01, 2006

Song of the Day: Frank Zappa - Willie the Pimp

  • Willie the Pimp by Frank Zappa

  • From the album Hot Rats



    This is something that I used to do (and would still do if I had the time) at MySpace - list a Song of the Day, with either a link or a little player. I used to be a DJ for four years in St. Louis, MO, in college. My show was reasonably good, and they asked me to stay on after I graduated. The show was called Voodoo Jive: Music to Funk To (hence, the name of my blog) and it was a mixture of my favorite music - blues, jazz, soul, funk.
    I honestly love all kinds of music, and would often pick tunes that one person might say, "Well wait a minute, Cowgirl, that's really classic rock - not one of those other genres," whereupon I would reply "Hold on there, fartknocker - if that guitar rift in Zeppelin's You Shook Me isn't bluesy, I don't know what is." Hell, rock was influenced and based on Blues. Especially cats like Zeppelin and the Stones. Not that one would know that listening to 70% of the music out there today - but that is for another rant, one when I like listening to myself sound like a patronizing bastard.

    Anyhow, if I find the time, I will try to post a Song of the Day, on here and on Ornery Woman, and switch them up.

    I decided to go with a link instead of a little player; that way the page doesn't take forever to load. Enjoy! If there are some bands or tunes you'd like to hear, let me know. Otherwise I will simply play DJ and you are at my mercy...but I have to admit, folks seem to dig my taste.

    Let me know what you think.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home



    Tamazu: Humor observations blogs


    This site is a member of WebRing. To browse visit here.


    BM Counter