Thursday, April 12, 2007

RIP Kurt Vonnegut



The amazing writer passed away today at the age of 84. His writing, imagination, and ability to see the satire in everything set a new standard for readers, authors, and thinkers...

I know that when I started reading him, in about 7th grade, he opened my mind...and continued to do so throughout my adult life.

We've lost another great one.

My friend David Corey has written a great post over at his blog on MySpace about some of the reasons why writing in general - not just as an art form, but in a myriad of mediums - was made all the better because of Vonnegut's contributions.

Go check it out...it makes for great reading. Fucker writes way better than I do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pendullum said...

A great author who left a great legacy!!!

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Tamazu: Humor observations blogs


This site is a member of WebRing. To browse visit here.


BM Counter